Hauliers' Liability Insurance
Goods In Transit Insurance requires considerable expertise and experience to identify all areas of potential exposure and arrange adequate protection.
It provides for the loss and damage to goods in the care, custody and control of the haulier in accordance with standard trading conditions or under International Conventions such as CMR (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road) and also under Common Law.
Many insurance policy wordings do not provide adequate cover and exclude some goods or offer inadequate inner limits. This issue is often exacerbated by the inclusion of conditions regarding unattended vehicles, security requirements or sub-contractor restrictions, which may leave the carrier in breach of policy conditions and potentially without protection.
Our team of insurance and claims specialists can give advice on all trading conditions from leading bodies and organisations.
Typical benefits can include
- Includes Errors & Omissions cover for negligent acts and clerical errors such as misdirection or misdelivery of goods
- Cover can be extended for increased or enhanced levels of liability
- Provides 'all risks' cover for third party trailers and containers
- Extension available for any owned, hired or leased equipment such as trailers, containers and handling equipment
- Extensions available for increased liability contracts
- Provides cover for drivers' personal effects
- Unique policy wording developed to provide many additional covers over and above those offered under standard insurance wordings
To speak with a member of our team and for more information call +44 (0)1628 532 613 or use our online contact form.