Freight Liability Insurance
Peter Lole sources and advises on Freight Liability insurance for logistics service providers responsible for the movement and handling of third party goods including freight forwarders, road hauliers and warehousekeepers.
Freight Liability insurance provides legal liability protection for the loss and damage of goods in accordance with standard trading conditions, international conventions, statutes and liability at common law.
Whether your business specialises in freight by sea, air, road or rail, or handles very specific goods, we can advise on all elements of contracts and conditions.
Our team operates its own unique, freight liability insurance policy to provide additional cover over and above those offered under standard insurance wordings. We also work closely with the British International Freight Association and Irish International Freight Association.
Cover can be arranged for any type of commodity in accordance with standard trading conditions, international conventions, statutes and liability at common law including high risk goods, non-standard and special cargoes. It includes cover for errors and omissions, negligent acts and clerical errors such as the misdirection or misdelivery.
Typical benefits can include
- Legal liability protection for the loss and damage of goods in accordance with standard trading conditions
- Includes liability under international conventions and statutes such as CMR and also under common law
- Cover provided for consequential loss
- Extension available for any owned, hired or leased equipment such as trailers and containers
- Advice provided on insuring contracts and tenders which require increased or enhanced levels of liability
- Cover can be extended to include additional operations such as: Own Vehicle Carriage, Supply Chain Management, Port and Terminal Operators, Stevedores, Ships Agents, NVOCC
- Specialist policies or extensions available for: Charterers' Liability (excluded under Freight Liability) T-Form Liability
To speak with a member of our team and for more information call +44 (0)1628 532 613 or use our online contact form.